- 14th century, Ibn Khaldun Arab Libertarian of Tunis.
- In 1887, the italian language anarchist journal,L'Operaio, appears in Tunis.It includes several articles by Bakunin, Kropotkin, and Nicolo Converti.
- In 1896, the anarchist journal, La Protesta Umana is published. The La Protesta Umana of Macerata, Italy, published there by Luigi Fabbri and Oreste Morresi, included the following note:
"Dear comrade Nicolo Converti who was editing the old Protesta Umana in Tunis, has reached an agreement with us to publish it in Italy, specifically in Macerata."
The Tunisian journal included articles by Converti.
- In November 1966, Mustapha Khayati, a Tunisian member of the Situationist International, writes the SI manifesto, On the Poverty of Student Life, while a student in France.
- Rectifying Public Opinionby Mustapha Khayati (1967).